Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know if my horse is eligible to be a WV Bred? 

Information about WV Bred eligibility can be found HERE.

How do I get my horse registered with WVTBA as accredited WV Bred/Sired ?

Fill out, print, and sign the Registration Application form.
Copy and supply all listed information required on page 2 of the Registration Application:
o Copy of Jockey Club Certificate
o Affidavit of Mare Foaling in West Virginia (non-resident mare OR mare that was not a resident mare when bred)
o Official Bill of Sale if ownership of horse has changed since the Jockey Club papers were issued

Mail to: WVTBA
PO Box 626
Charles Town, WV 25414

If you have any questions or concerns, or require further assistance, please contact the WVTBA office at 304-728-6868 or email  

West Virginia Thoroughbred Breeders Association

Mailing Address: 
PO Box 626
Charles Town, WV 25414

Visit Us

Our office is located at
202 E Liberty St
Charles Town, WV 25414

Contact US